Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Those Little Things
As I was putting the boys to bed tonight, they both wanted to stay up later (how surprising), but tonight I actually let them, because it meant singing a few more songs for them in the Lazboy and visiting in the darkness as they "wind down" for bed. They each had a had a head leaning on my shoulder and arms wrapped around my neck. They picked song after song, and L sang along to the ones he knew, and J did the arm movements for his favorites (since he doesn't talk yet, he loves the songs with arm movements- Fishers of Men, the Wise Man and the Foolish Man, I Washed My Hands, etc). The moon came and went outside the window behind the clouds, and I wondered "how am I so blessed?" How does God know exactly what we need in life and why does He give it? I know the answer (because we are His children and He loves us so very much and only wants good gifts for us, and He knows what we need because He made us who we are), but still can't believe it, although He's shown His power, forgiveness, and most of all love time and time again. I pried them off my lap finally, tucked them in and am now just reminiscing over how lucky I am to be a Mom, and most of all, their Mom. I wouldn't trade those little perks for all the money in the world.