Saturday, April 4, 2009
A Little Sun Goes a Long Way
It just amazes me how much sunshine affects us. Especially here in the Northwest where most days are rainy, and even more are cloudy. My son actually asked me this morning "why is it warm in the sunshine, when the sun is out every day?" I had to explain that when it's cloudy, the clouds block the sun, reducing the heat we feel. And, because it's cloudy most days here, you can guess how much heat gets blocked. But...today the sun is shining and I feel like I could take on whatever is thrown at me (although, I'm not sure I want to). I feel recharged, rejuvenated, relaxed, refreshed and whatever else starts with a 're' and is a good feeling. I just wish you could bottle it all up and save it for those cloudy days. Anyways, I got my fill outside this morning, and now am just sitting here waiting for lunch to heat up and then we'll get back out and soak up some more sunshine. Until later....