Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Summer feet
Yesterday was our first really nice day this year, and we spent the time outside pretty much all day. The boys didn't want to wear shoes, so were gingerly walking around on the gravel with their bare feet. I remember being a kid and those first few times out were always so hard on the feet, and the ground cold still too. But oh, the fun when your feet toughen up and you can run wherever without being tied up (no pun intended) by staying in the house and taking the time to tie up shoes. So today here they go outside again, one day nearer the tough summer feet that will serve them well this year. I'd love be small and run again like that, but instead spent my time weeding my blueberry/strawberry boxes and checking out the other flower beds that will need attention for the summer. And of course, sat and rested, which I'm needing plenty of these days too, waiting for baby.