Today is Easter, and we are reminded what a wonderful gift God gave us, through Jesus' death on the cross, and today his glorious resurrection from the dead. As the song I have running through my head goes, "He's alive and I"m forgiven, heaven's gates are open wide" What a wonderful message, that never gets old, though it happened so many years ago.
Another thought running through my mind lately is completely unrelated, but I've been trying to analyze it and deal with it accordingly. With my boys (during pregnancy) this thought never crossed my mind (since we didn't know with them if they were going to be boys or girls either), but somehow it's come often this time around. That is of the (what I call it) "princess syndrome" that I see so often in girls today. I told G that I dread if we have a girl and she turns into one of these. I doubt this would happen since I think it's so nauseating, but somehow the fear nags there. Too many little girls (who turn into big girls), somehow are elevated so that they think everything they do is "cute", and that the world revolves around them. They may have been cute to begin with, but their behavior makes them rather annoying and I hope my boys never end up marrying one, because as wives they are selfish and needy. Much of this comes because discipline is neglected because they are the "princess", and their brothers usually are expected to treat them as such, as well as their parents catering to their every whim. It's so refreshing to see girls who act like real people, who are polite, live by the golden rule and whose parents train them up to act like ladies. So, when I see a little girl with a bob and a corduroy jumper, I am so relieved that there are a few "real" girls left. The kind I was when I was a kid. A bumper sticker I saw lately kind of sums it up "YOU ARE UNIQUE, just like everyone else in the world." Not a princess or angel, just a kid, made special after God's own image.