Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

Yesterday was one of those days. The kind where you just want to stay in bed all day, but can't since the kiddos won't allow it. I've had a sinus cold, which makes breathing at night really fun, so really hadn't slept a wink. But, when I did finally get up, I spent the day just trying to get by, and in doing so, came across a few thoughts that likely have been lingering for a while, but I finally acknowledged them and dealt with them. The first is how blessed we are as Christians. We tend to doubt, nag, and advise God, but He still is true no matter how fickle we are. His promises are sure, and new every morning. Today being Good Friday, we try comprehend what price Jesus paid for our sins, to give us a second chance, but really can we even begin to fathom what took place. For me? Little old me? That I may gain heaven someday? Wow! Like any of us deserve it, but what better gift could anyone be given. All we have to do is believe and have faith that He did. Seems pretty simple, and it is, but our pride often would like to go our own way and so often we think we "know" best. And when we go our own way, we end up with much heartache and disappointment. You'd think we people would learn someday, but I guess that is also where daily grace and forgiveness come in. Learning to trust in God for today, not looking ahead to yesterday (what's done is done) or worrying about tomorrow (sufficient strength will be given as promised). That's where part 2 comes in. The devil/satan trying to keep those nagging doubts around, causing fear and worry. With the pending birth coming up, I have been trying to quench the fears and worries because there is so many unknowns, but the devil keeps bringing them up. Prayer is extremely helpful, but also looking them in the face and trusting that God is bigger than them all and will carry us through, in the way He feels best and that would bring Him the most honor and glory. What a wonderful promise and what peace when we can have when we know that our lives are in control of the Heavenly Father, and we don't have to worry about a thing.