Thursday, April 2, 2009
On Health and Well Being
These past few days as I've been preparing (mentally, mostly) to get ready to welcome in our new baby, I've been very thankful for all the health care options that are available to us. Since the beginning of time, people pretty much settled for whatever health care they could get (good or bad) and lived and died accordingly. But these days, if something doesn't suit our fancy, there is many things we can do about it and things we can try (unless it's life or death, then you pretty much do what they tell you, wherever you've ended up). Although this is beneficial in most peoples lives, it also can be a bad thing, as we tend to think that medicine/treatments will cure anything and that we're invincible. Working in the health care field, I'll be the first to admit I've seen my share of miracles and failures, and am glad they are there for me if I should need them (and I will here in a few weeks). They have also let me down severely and I've had to explore other options with my littlest ones health problems. They had nothing to offer other than prescription after prescription, and no hope or options for me to turn. This is where the natural health field came in, and I'm happy to report they have been my lifesaver. It took me asking tons of questions from many different people and reading a wealth of books, but finally we have some "closure". I'm the kind of person that wants to know why things end up the way they do, and have a really hard time accepting when I can't. To me there is a reason for everything that goes on in this world, and finding out the "why" helps me understand where things are coming from and what to do about them. Then I know what is in my realm and what is not. Unfortunately there are still many unknown answers in this world, and God only knows why. But the one thing that is sure, no matter what may ail us (physically or spiritually), we can trust that God knows what is best, and He gives us what we need. "Trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey." We will be blessed, and He'll lead us to answers, if He thinks that would be in our best interest.