Friday, April 24, 2009
Jobs in my world
While sitting outside today in the sunshine waiting for our new baby (and watching kids play), I noted that my venetian blinds in my room need some serious dusting and washing. Oh, I hate to be reminded of that. That is one job that I absolutely detest. So much so that I haven't touched them since we moved here 3 years ago, and they likely needed attention then. I think of all the jobs around here, that is the only one I've neglected that long, and plan on neglecting it a bit longer even yet. (except cleaning G's truck, which did get done recently, with receipts found from living in AZ, but I blame that on him being at work with it every chance we've had to get it clean) There are a few other things I don't care for either but none come close to taking down blinds and soaking and scrubbing them (and I have 9 big ones and a couple small ones waiting for me). Some people hate ovens (I just turn on the self-clean, so that's easy), some hate toilets (do it regularly and it's no big deal), some hate washing windows (yep, I fall into that category too, so I let my mom do it when she comes as it bugs her more than me to have dirty windows) and some hate blinds (I can't see how anyone would enjoy it) I'll make you an offer: if any of you has a hankering to clean some blinds, you can drop on by and I'll show you where everything you'll need will be to have some clean ones by the time you leave.