It seems like there should be a TV show with that name, or maybe there is. Sounds familiar and like I didn't think it up myself. Or maybe it's just that the first three letters are the same in both words. Who knows...
In my typical day, I spend much of my time changing these silly diapers. Besides the mess inside them, it's not such a bad job (I compare it to changing them on old people which I've done my fair share of). Unless they leak...or baby is hungry...or it's the middle of the night and I'd rather be sleeping. But any way you look at it, it's got to be done in this stage of life. My Grandma K (who was great at math and loved figuring things out) claimed that in diapering her 10 kids, if she lined the diapers up end to end, she'd have a line 50 miles long. Hmm. That would make me probably at 15 miles by now, or at least it seems so. Thinking of this gave me great motivation (as well as the exorbitant cost of disposables) to potty train J. He's definitely old enough, so getting him motivated and teaching him came next. Conveniently our life so has it that we aquired a "new" truck (as seen in previous post), and I used this as my motivation. J has quite badly wanted to be a big boy and go get firewood with Daddy, but because our old truck only had one seat, only L could go along. I told J that when he went potty like a big kid, then he could go get firewood with Daddy. (extra motivation is that the firewood comes from a friends house where the boys love to go so they can play together)
I then got my "Toilet Training in One Day" book out to refresh myself, and we got going. One thing about that book is that it is very intense. I felt like I had been a used car salesman by the time the morning was over; trying to "sell" going potty. But...it does work, and we've got a pretty much trained kid in just a few days. No more diapers for one more kid, except at night, although he's been dry every morning this week. The sad thing for J is that he didn't get to go with Daddy to get wood though because he slept in last Saturday. But he did get Mom pretty much to himself since E slept in too, even later. There'll be more wood to get though and he's anxious to go in the "grgrggrnn trck" (as he calls it, no vowels included).
This leads me to the next stage of this story, thrilling as I'm sure it is to you. Because J no longer needs his diapers (cloth ones I'm talking about), I've started using them on E. First let me tell you, that they are my posh, top notch cloth diapers (Fuzzibunz) that I waited a long time to get, since they have an exorbident price tag too. I finally found some for a steal on craigslist, and they are awesome! So...I start using them on E, and have this conundrum every time I put one on her. Do I snap on the first snap or the second? The first seems too loose, the second too tight. But, I've tried both, they both work fine, but still after a week I still wonder each time which will be a better choice. On J only the first one fit, but now that I have options, I don't know what to do. It's been a week now, and the decision is just as difficult. So I'm hoping that maybe she'll grow just a bit, so I won't have to make this tough choice so many times a day.
That's all I have for today...goodnight.