This morning the boys and I were folding laundry when James started to do the "potty dance". I reminded him that he should go, while he denied having to go. A few minutes later, I reminded him again, and he heeded my warning. Off he runs to go, and Luke says to me, "I could hear his heart telling him to go potty." I wondered what he meant, and he just repeated it again. Then he added, "Just like we can hear Jesus in our hearts, I could hear James' heart telling him "James, it's time to go potty.""
Hmm...I'm trying to figure out what he means, but have concluded that because I just know when James has to go (Luke doesn't notice the potty dance like Mom does), it must be that I can hear what he feels. I've also been telling James to "listen to your body and go as soon as you notice that you have to" and stuff like that, so likely Luke is connecting the potty signals with conscience. Greg and I were joking later of what kind of highly classified job Luke could get with a 6th sense for knowing when people have to go to the bathroom.
Hmm...I'm trying to figure out what he means, but have concluded that because I just know when James has to go (Luke doesn't notice the potty dance like Mom does), it must be that I can hear what he feels. I've also been telling James to "listen to your body and go as soon as you notice that you have to" and stuff like that, so likely Luke is connecting the potty signals with conscience. Greg and I were joking later of what kind of highly classified job Luke could get with a 6th sense for knowing when people have to go to the bathroom.