Today I'll just share what's been on my mind lately. First of all, a question...How much should enjoyment be a part of ones life? I don't mean having fun all the time, or thrill seeking. I mean how much of each day should be spent bearing our burden (whatever that may be) and how much should we be enjoying where we are and what we're doing each day. I ask this mostly because with a baby who is now 11 months old, enjoyment is minimal. It's getting better, and I have an idea that much of it is due to the long dreary winter taking its toll. And Greg's long hours, leaving him tired and frustrated. And not enough sleep for the past 11 months as well (although she did sleep 8 hours in a row the last 2 nights, so we're making progress!) I just dread getting up many mornings, knowing that my goals won't be reached, I won't get any alone time with my husband, I'll be breaking up fights and hounding my boys to get done what needs to get done, and then I'll be tired and spend 2 or 3 hours putting them all to bed. As I type, Elise is still up playing with plastic wrap because I've tried twice to put her down and she just cries and kicks and wiggles. So, she's happy now, so I'll leave her that way. I do know from past experience that we have good years and bad years. The bad years are the years that the baby is born, because nothing turns out like you want it to (except you get a healthy, happy baby that grows up). The yard doesn't get mowed, the garden is all weeds, the meals are mediocre at best, and the housework leaves much to be desired. The good years are the year from when baby starts sleeping good and is walking up until a new baby is born. Then we can go to dinner at others houses and actually enjoy ourselves (rather than passing a tired, fussy baby back and forth the whole time), home improvement projects actually get done, and Greg and I can actually go on the occasional date and enjoy ourselves.
Anyways, I didn't mean to write all about this, but would like some input on what others think when they make decisions for their own life.

Here's a picture of that little sweetie that causes us all the grief. She LOVES the bath. She has been nervous in the shower ever since she was born, but since she's moved on to baths, you can't get her out without much kicking and screaming. She actually gets giddy and wild, which is quite hazardous since she isn't very good at standing up yet. But she doesn't care if she falls, she just tries it again and again.
Well, off to bed for us now.
Anyways, I didn't mean to write all about this, but would like some input on what others think when they make decisions for their own life.
Here's a picture of that little sweetie that causes us all the grief. She LOVES the bath. She has been nervous in the shower ever since she was born, but since she's moved on to baths, you can't get her out without much kicking and screaming. She actually gets giddy and wild, which is quite hazardous since she isn't very good at standing up yet. But she doesn't care if she falls, she just tries it again and again.
Well, off to bed for us now.