I've been asked a by different people what we did for J's eczema to make it go away, and transform him from a crying baby all the time to a happy confident boy.
As far as eczema...well...umm...got no miracles here but I will share what I've learned. But, everyone is different, and what works for us may not work for you. We are definitely not eczema free yet (we went from total body coverage to a few small patches on his legs now), just keeping it at bay as much as possible and not stressing if it isn't gone completely.
Acidophilus is huge (chewable Buddy Bears Renew Life Brand, 3 x day on empty stomach, one of those at bedtime)
Digestive enzymes (chewable Buddy Bears Renew Life brand, 3 x day with meals). What we were told is that eczema is caused from the liver not processing as well as it should so the "toxins" come out the skin. We went to a herbalist who does live blood cell analysis and she told us this, as she could see undigested proteins and carbs in his blood. She got us on the digestive enzymes and probiotics, to give the liver a break and let it renew itself, and she's actually been the only person with a plausible explanation and a cure that worked. So, anything you can do to keep the liver clean and flushed will help. It took 4 months on these two things before we noticed a difference, and then the difference was huge.
Things that helped us have been: lots of water (at least 2 sippy cups a day, and I do diluted juice because getting that much water in has been near impossible), daily multivitamins (they somehow don't absorb as much, so need more than recommended for their age), antioxidant juices (we noticed the most with mangosteen/goji, but you can use blueberry, pomegranate, cranberry, etc), fresh vegetable juices if possible (cabbage, beet, carrot with apple), limiting dairy except yogurt. I'd try goat, almond or rice milk (soy has estrogen-like qualities that isn't recommended for boys) Getting out in the sun as much as you can is very helpful too, and keeping 'stresses' to a minimum (which is hard to tell in kids, but just keeping at home in a routine as much as possible). Omega fatty oils (such as flaxseed or fish oil) are great. Use non hydrogenated margarine instead of butter, as animal fats seem to make it itchier. As a last resort I use hydrocortisone cream, which is close to a miracle in making it go away, but comes with the benefits of any steroid. I have tried pretty much every cream under the sun (I use Aveeno Soothing Relief Moisture Cream twice a day right now because it seems to work the best for the price, and goes on smoothly, which some don't), and haven't found any to be very helpful since the cause is internal. I think finding the cause is much more helpful, if that can be done.