Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday morning

I would like to write a long whining detailed account this morning, but will spare you all the details (but will vent a bit since I'm at a loss otherwise). My little boy J was up before the sun, coughing and coughing and I just don't know what to do. This has gone on for probably close to a couple months now, starting with sinus symptoms and alternating between that and fits of coughing. He also is an independant 2 years old now, and thinks he knows what is best. Hmm. Quite a conundrum. So, I take him to the doctor, who can't conclude anthing is too wrong with him, but gives an antibiotic in case he gets worse. He doesn't get worse, but not better either. As soon as he seems to be getting better, it just switches back to night coughing again from the nose stuff. I hesitate giving the antibiotic, since he has so many digestive issues already and we've worked so hard at improving that area of his life. What's a parent to do anyways? I've tried every home remedy I can think of over the course of this all, and prayer doesn't seem to help much either. The more I pray, the more frustrated I become as things seem to get worse more than better. And I'm not praying for just healing. Praying for my attitude to improve, praying for patience, wisdom and last of all healing. None of the prayers seem to be beneficial, maybe I'm expecting too much. Anyways, that's my morning...hopefully the day will improve. Although now a baby who hasn't napped long enough is crying. Such is the life of a new mother.