Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A little quiet time

One thing I'm reminded of with each new baby, is how much time they truly take up in a day. They want to eat endlessly, and then when they aren't eating, you just want to hold them and admire what you've waited so long for and count your blessings (while sitting there trying to meet the needs of the 'big' kids too). But yesterday, I finally came to the point of needing some quiet time alone. Thankfully, I was able to take a bath, relax and actually just be me for a few minutes. Sometimes I wonder where "me" went to, when I'm "Mommy" so much of the time. It felt good to just ponder over the various thoughts that have been coming in the past week, all the changes that have happened, and spend some time in prayer with God, thanking Him for His abundant blessings. It seems I often get caught up in "doing" that I neglect just "being". Another friend wrote in her blog about having control, and I have to say, that is one of the hardest parts of life for me to turn over completely to God. But what wonderful things happen when we do this, and God can actually work fully in our lives, rather than with our meager "assistance". He knows us so completely, in yet we doubt His leading, often thinking we know better. It seems like life is a continual lesson, one that we never seem to learn and be done with. But, hopefully this will keep us on our knees in prayer, asking for daily guidance and strength. My most common prayer seems to be "Lord, help me to do whatever you want me to do, and be who you want me to be". Now if I can live that...without my input...what a blessing life would be.