Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Garage Sales
Since baby was late, I did get a chance to go to the garage sales I had been looking forward to. It was a string along one road, which we happened upon last year, and proved very lucrative (if that word fits- lots of great deals). I absolutely love garage saling, since the selection and prices can't be beat by any store. I keep a chart in my purse (as advised by the Tightwad Gazette lady) of kids clothes I need, and then when I head out, know what I need. We actually hit all 14 sales on that road, and I went out on a limb and bought some girl things too, since the price was right. Thankfully, we did have a girl and so I'll be able to use what I found, as well as what I found for the boys as well. G found some pants for hunting that he's been wanting for some time, so we came home tired but happy. The boys have learned to enjoy the trip too, if I keep them fed with snacks and let them out here and there to look for their own treasures. (a big dump truck is on their list now, so they don't have to share the one they have) So, as summer nears, I hope to get out more and see what kind of deals I can scrape up. With a new baby, I have to stop more, so it can be challenging, but the rewards are soooo worth it, for another year stocked up on pretty much everything.