So here we are, beginning of June and it's still raining. Apparently it's the "rainiest May ever" with a record 7 inches falling. I seem to hear that a lot up here in WA. "It's the rainiest ___ ever". I don't know how it can keep getting rainier, but it must! I still haven't planted my garden, and so likely won't get much this year, as we'll get frost in the fall before anything is ready to pick (which has happened in the past as well) Oh well, good intentions were present.

We did end up going camping Memorial Day weekend, which was a huge success in our family. If you'll recall our many disasters, this trip was joyous. We now have our "Incredible Hulk", which is a forestry green truck with a sorta-matching olive green camper. It proved to be our saving grace, and although we arrived home exhausted, it wasn't due to anything other than being outside and enjoying ourselves. Our church hosts this camp out every year, and this year there were around 850 people attending. They have it at a fairgrounds, which is great because it's all fenced, and just our group is there.The weather didn't look promising, but it was only rainy the first night, and then cleared up and was balmy the rest of the time. The kids had a great time, even though they didn't know too many other kids there. I was hoping to get to visit more than I did, but that is what happens when you have a 13 month old. You chase them most of the time! I should clarify- A lopsided 13 month old with a broken arm that has a heavy splint on it, making her pretty tipsy.

That's our other big excitement. Elise broke her arm last week at Bible Study. We were at the nursing home (where we host it once a month) and she and the boys were running around, and she fell on some tile, and there it was. A buckle fracture to her left wrist. I didn't even think that it could have broken, but the next day she was really whiny, and then I remembered Greg saying that he heard a little 'pop' in her wrist when he picked her up after the fall. When I started to feel her wrist, she winced when I put any pressure on it, and I also had this gut feeling I should take her in, even though she was using it fine and had full range of motion. Our doctor was booked up, so I made an appt. to take her to their Urgent Care, which is the next best option in our town. I got there, and something was messed up with insurance (she was assigned to the wrong Dr.) so they wouldn't see her. I refused to drive home that night without having her seen, so ended up taking her to the ER, which was my only other option. I was so frosted after driving all that way and then them refusing to see me, I just about lost it. If you'll recall, this happened the last time I tried to get her in with her ear infection. Grr! I hate insurance. They won't even see me if I agree to pay cash first, if they have other insurance. What a ridiculous joke.
Anyways, they treated us awesome in the ER, and I got to see what the workings are like from the patient's point of view for the first time ever. I worked for 5 years in 3 different ERs, so it was kind of neat to see it from the other side. We got moved through as fast as we could have, and then I was even able to help put Elise's splint on (I had more experience than the girl doing it, she was pretty nervous "I've never put a splint on a baby before, I'm so scared!" she was saying). Elise was a trooper and didn't cry during the whole ordeal (even when they wrenched her arm around to get the proper Xray views). Just sat there sucking her pacifier like Maggie off the Simpsons, and looking around.

So, when all is said and done, I kind of thought it would be my boys who would first break a bone. And I also thought it would be more climactic than that. Oh well...it made the camping trip more exciting trying to keep her upright and the splint clean.
On the way out to the camp out, we came across a grain elevator, and Luke was asking how the grain gets to the store. We had a long visit about how it goes on the train, etc, etc (kind of relaying the Little Red Hen story) and then when we were all done, James says, "how they get coffee in a caboose?" in a very puzzled voice. We have a caboose in our town that sells espresso, and he's always puzzled as to why a caboose would be selling coffee. A caboose should be out working on the tracks with the other trains. So, we explained that one too. To the best of our abilities, for 3 year old comprehension! Another cute thing he said, was when we woke up the first morning camping, he groggily opens his eyes and sees that we're in the camper. He jumps up, looks out the window and excitedly says, "we're still at here?!" His day just got better from then on! James also got a new seat so that he can ride on the back of Daddy's bike too. He was very skeptical of this contraption, but after he rode in it a bit (and saw how fast he could go compared to his tricycle) he proudly said (every time he went for a ride), "I didn't even cry!" (like he had before he knew how great it would be).

Well, I should get to bed. Everyone else is sleeping, and I should be too!