Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kodak Moments

I was just thinking about what we used to call "Kodak Moments". I haven't heard the term in a while, but have been witness to a few things that just made me smile (and wish I had my camera to capture the moment, because each of them was only a moment!)

1) Driving by our neighbors and seeing a raccoon on his hind legs eating out of their hanging bird feeder late one night, his fat behind just hanging there. Greg witnessed this thief a few more times on his way to work, and we're hoping that the home owner will be in the yard some time so we can tell them who is eating all their food!

2) A elderly man flirting with an elderly woman in front of me in line at a coffee shop. I loved the smiles on their faces and it was reinforced that it isn't age, hair, clothes or beauty that attract us to each other. It's paying attention and smiling. Anyone looks good when they do that!

3) A young man I drove by who was imitating someone (it appeared) and was telling a "whopper" to a couple of young girls who were completely laughing their heads off at him. He was also flexing his biceps for extra effect, and the girls were loving it. Totally made my day to see how much fun they were having.

4) This last one happened a while back, and although it wasn't a laughing incident, it made me smile and was heartwarming. I was driving down our hill (3 miles) into town, and was just thinking about all the things I love about Kalama, our little town. I turned the corner past the school, and there was this elderly lady out walking her dog, and when she came to the storm drain, she reached into it with her grab-nabber (which I'm guessing was for picking up after her dog), cleared out all the dead leaves, and kept walking. It made me love Kalama even more, and reminded me that it takes all of us to do our part to keep our towns looking good.

I hope to get more pictures on my blogs again someday. We got a new computer, and although I've figured out how to download them onto the computer, I can't seem to get them onto my blog. I'll have to update a bunch when I finally get around to figuring it out.