Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Prediction Accomplished

Before our eldest child was born, Greg's brother and mom started this running joke on what type of child "he" would be. They predicted a boy, who would have a British accent (I'm still not sure why he would end up with that, but it made it all the funnier) and would say things like, "Father, do we have enough petrol?" and such.

Well, low and behold, we have a son. And while this very Grandma was visiting one time, he says, "Dad, do we need any gas?" as we were passing by a gas station. Close enough. No British accent, but the American version basically said the same thing. That made Grandma laugh pretty hard.

Now, here he is making things come true again. The other day he says to me when we got home from church, "Mom, would it be all right if I stayed outside and got a bit of fresh air and exercise?" Put a British accent on it, (and change Mom to 'Mum' or 'Muth-uh' and it's perfect for the stereotype). I mean, what 4 (almost 5) year old worries about getting enough fresh air and exercise, except maybe kids in "The Secret Garden" or books like that.

He does make me laugh though. He's such a sweetheart, and I'll write more about him next week, since he'll be turning the big #5.