The other day I happened to be looking in a box for a medicine cup, and James was helping me. Well, in that box are baby bottles and pacifiers of various size and age. James found a pacifier with a train on it, and confiscated it immediately. Not for himself, but for Snuggle Monkey, who he calls "HooHoo HaHa HeeHee" (the noise Curious George makes on the show). Since then, I've gotten the job of finding this plug all day long. Because Snuggle Monkey can't go without it, you know.
Last night at bedtime he got out of bed twice asking me to find it. I supplied him with one of Elise's, but that wasn't good enough. We had to have the blue one with the train on it. Now this morning, same thing. He gets out of bed, can barely open his eyes and comes stumbling in to the dining room, "blue plug?" So, I go and search his bed and can't find it anywhere. I again offer a different one, but the reply is a crying "No, blue plug". So, I finally end up leaving him there to cry, because we can't find Snuggle Monkey's blue plug. Thankfully after a few minutes, James stops and gets up with Monkey, and now they are both happy to sit on my lap and watch me type.
I'm not sure which is worse, a baby with a pacifier they won't give up, or a 2 1/2 year old with a monkey that has a pacifier they won't give up. Either way, that blue plug is going to be found...I just know it!
Another kid story that I was recalling from last summer, was when Luke was playing baseball with the neighbor boy. He had never played before (or even seen it played) and was holding the bat. The boy threw the ball at him and of course it went sailing right by Luke's head. He yells back at the boy "You missed!" The boy of course denied that it was his problem (rightfully so!) and they went on playing. Note to self: teach your son a lesson or two on the basics of baseball!
Last night at bedtime he got out of bed twice asking me to find it. I supplied him with one of Elise's, but that wasn't good enough. We had to have the blue one with the train on it. Now this morning, same thing. He gets out of bed, can barely open his eyes and comes stumbling in to the dining room, "blue plug?" So, I go and search his bed and can't find it anywhere. I again offer a different one, but the reply is a crying "No, blue plug". So, I finally end up leaving him there to cry, because we can't find Snuggle Monkey's blue plug. Thankfully after a few minutes, James stops and gets up with Monkey, and now they are both happy to sit on my lap and watch me type.
I'm not sure which is worse, a baby with a pacifier they won't give up, or a 2 1/2 year old with a monkey that has a pacifier they won't give up. Either way, that blue plug is going to be found...I just know it!
Another kid story that I was recalling from last summer, was when Luke was playing baseball with the neighbor boy. He had never played before (or even seen it played) and was holding the bat. The boy threw the ball at him and of course it went sailing right by Luke's head. He yells back at the boy "You missed!" The boy of course denied that it was his problem (rightfully so!) and they went on playing. Note to self: teach your son a lesson or two on the basics of baseball!