Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hooray!

Can I say that this week is a total change from the last?  Yes it is, and in many good ways.  I think that last week I was likely fighting a nasty bug that 3/4 of the kids ended up with.  Yucky!  But, thankfully haven't got it yet, although they are still struggling with random symptoms now and then.

And it's possibly too early to sing the praises of feeling better, but I'm doing awesome, and have been for 4 days now.  What, you ask, is making the difference?  Now, those of you who know me, know that I'm always reading up on different products, foods, and diet things that will make life "better".  With the various health struggles in our family, nutrition seems to be the key to getting it all back on track.  Our Naturopath even told us that with kids, getting good digestion will solve pretty much all of their problems on it's own.  A bit extra of HCl added at mealtimes is what he recommends for most kids and it'll cure whatever ails them.  And yes, we've seen it work well here!

I take my ordinary prenatals, but they don't seem to make a difference in my day.  I take calcium/magnesium/minerals and they don't either (but I know they're necessary for a growing baby as well as me keeping my own bones and teeth healthy).  I've tried omega-3 oils, digestive enzymes, and all sorts of other things to help give me some energy to make it through the day reasonably well.  Because I'm an older mother and my oldest isn't real old yet, I have that strike against energy in the first place.  I delegate what I can to the kids, but still need to be functional myself.  Functional so that I can direct them in reasonable tasks.  Functional so I can keep a toddler out of a reasonable amount of mischief.  Functional so that I don't just yell and growl all day at them.   Functional so that they do some schoolwork most days.  And functional so that I can give them (and dear husband) the emotional stuff they need from me (which makes everybody's life more pleasant in the long run!)  And if I have enough energy to cook, clean, do dishes and such that's just a bonus.  Not even on the list of requirements.

So what's the ticket?  It's (drum roll, please)  GREEN VIBRANCE!!  I bought some (finally) after my chiropractor has been singing it's praises for a couple years now (they even sell it now).  And the health food store always has it on sale.  While I was looking for just a probiotic to try (to improve some pregnancy digestion issues), this sounded like an even better option.  The link I listed tells all about it, and I do have to say that I feel like a million bucks now that I'm taking it each day.  Today I vacuumed the whole house and then had enough energy to sweep the deck and vacuum out the van.  That never happens.  If it's vacuuming day, I'm lucky if I can get the house done before I'm wiped right out.  My digestion issues are gone and right now I should be napping (as I have every day this pregnancy so far), but I'm wide awake typing this instead!  And supper is in the slow cooker (hasn't happened either because I've been too tired to think that far in advance).  I hope I continue to feel this good, as life is alot better when you have (some) energy and are happy at the same time.




Do read up on it if you get a chance (on the link listed above), as I think most people could benefit from more greens, probiotics, and other nutrient dense foods like this has in it.  (Amazon has a ton of positive reviews too, which are helpful)  No matter how healthy we eat these days, it seems that the toxins/chemicals coming in our bodies from various sources override the good we do.  And I don't know of anyone who actually eats enough vegetables.   (Guilty too!)

I even bought some GABA as recommended by a friend (thanks, K) but haven't needed it yet! If I do, it's a good backup plan for those rough days, which usually follow a rough night of sleep (planning on them coming up regularly with 3rd trimester woes which I've encountered in the past!)