I am writing this story down because not only do I find it funny, but it describes my Mom's family well. I was telling it the other day to someone and was forgetting details, so thought I better write it down before I forget them all!
| L-R (youngest to oldest) Julie, Phebe, Beth (Mom), Becky, Mary, Ruth Anne, Susie |
This happened last fall when my Mom, came down to Washington for Isaac's birth. She came in on the train and when she got here, Elise was quite confused. Somehow she missed the information of which Grandma was coming (she thought it was the other Grandma from Arizona coming) and so kept asking, "when are we going to pick up Grandma?" even though we had already done so. She thought we picked up Aunt Becky instead. So, Grandma came to our house, and she got used to the idea that it wasn't Becky, but was in fact Grandma.
Then the more confusion started. After Isaac was born, some of my aunts began to come over to see him. First Phebe showed up. Elise answered the door and called out, "Becky is here!" No, not Becky again. Then Julie showed up later that day. "Becky is here!" No, not Becky again. A few days later, the real Becky did come, and by this time Elise didn't even believe it was actually her, since she'd been let down 3 times already. Becky is the aunt we see the most, so she's the one our kids are most familiar with. And so at lunch we were telling Becky the story of how confused Elise had been, and were laughing at how much all the sisters do look alike. When Luke was little, he thought that Grandma, Ruth Anne and Susie were all the same person! (until he saw them all together, then he got really confused)
So, after the discussion about all the confusion, James piped up, "well, I think there's just too many Becky's!" Yes, we agree, but we love them all and they are all such a blessing in our life!
(P.S. There is also an older brother, Uncle Jimmy who was not present in this picture. Another brother Steve was killed in Vietnam, and a sister Sara was hit by a car at age 3).