Friday, November 13, 2009

Word of the Day

The buzzword lately in our house has been "babywearing". As you know from my prior post, I've been introduced to a whole new world of baby comfort and lingo. Gone are my store bought uncomfortable gadgets, here's a picture of the latest maitei that I sewed up. (which differs from a meitei, an alcoholic beverage ;)

I wanted a nice chocolate brown color fabric, but there wasn't any on sale, so I found this olive stuff instead. I also was looking for something neutral so that Greg would wear it without too much embarrassment. It turned out just perfect (I made some adjustments from the previous one), so may do some more if I get enthused ($$$ always gets the motivation up, doesn't it, so maybe I could advertise with my friends)

Mr. Bear modeling the maitei. I had to add the embellishment as you couldn't tell tell the outside from the inside, other than the neater stitching on the front.











L modeling his "boy version" of a baby carrier. It's a measuring tape carrying a monster truck. I love the creativity the boys come up with. We'll see what having a girl brings. So far just pink, but I'm sure we'll expand on that.