One of my favorite things in the world to do is swim. I just love swimming. Always have, always will although now I prefer my water a lot warmer than when I was a child. How many times have I been swimming since my kids came in the picture. Umm...none. Taken them swimming yes, but actually put on my goggles and just swam...no. Today as the sun is shining so brightly, it makes me yearn to do just that. And I mean my heart hurts I want to so bad. Go to an outdoor Olympic sized pool, put on my goggles and just start gliding through the water. You get a tan at the same time, and it does something for every aspect of your well being. I used to go every day of the summer when I lived in Red Deer, and then would switch to indoor in the fall, which is just about as enjoyable. I hate exercise, but when it's swimming, it doesn't even feel like exercise because I enjoy it so much. Lap after lap after lap until I reached a mile (32 laps or 64 lengths of a 50 meter pool). It was amazing and I'd love to have that again someday when my baby doesn't need me every 15 minutes. And I likely couldn't do more than 1 lap without being thoroughly exhausted at this point. But, I have different enjoyments at this stage of life, so will just have to wait again and someday swimming will enter my life again. If it doesn't enter willfully, I'll just have to force it back in. I just wish I loved running that much. Would make things a lot easier in the exercise department.
PS. I actually had one day that I was rather grouchy and my sister who lived with me ordered me, "you're going swimming." After I got out of the pool and she picked me up and I was singing, "ha, ha, ha beautiful Sun-un-day, this is my, my, my beautiful day!" (Christy Lane) It works wonders.
PS. I actually had one day that I was rather grouchy and my sister who lived with me ordered me, "you're going swimming." After I got out of the pool and she picked me up and I was singing, "ha, ha, ha beautiful Sun-un-day, this is my, my, my beautiful day!" (Christy Lane) It works wonders.