Since my last few blogs have been rather disheartening and depressing, I thought sharing a funny story might be in order. Last week Greg came home with a handful of Little Debbie pies, something he isn't known to do. I asked him what was up, and he proceeded with this:
His boss' cousin works for ODOT (Oregon dept of transport) and happened to be in charge of the cleanup of a Little Debbie truck that overturned on the freeway. Since everything was going to get thrown out, and he was in charge, he loaded his own truck with all the snacks he could fit and then called everyone he knew to come and get some. I guess the guy showed up at Greg's work with the truck full, so everyone came away with whatever they wanted. When I asked why he got so few, he smartly told me that we didn't really NEED an armload, although he could have gotten one if he wanted. Smart husband. Because we all know who would eat them because they would be sitting on the counter all day. Me. Thank you, sweetie, for looking out for your wife's well being.
When I told L how we got them, he has asked me to repeat the story many times, not believing such 'good' fortune. He even drew a picture of the truck with the pies falling out on his doodle pad this morning.