Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Thankful hearts
Today I'm writing 2 blogs, not because I'm so inspired, but because 2 things are on my mind, and I have the time. Lately as pregnancy has progressed, I've gotten physically more uncomfortable and do like to bemoan this fact. I like to have a bit of pity (as we all do, right?) and anyone with kids knows that it does get rather uncomfortable near the end. That's our motivation to get that baby out of there when the time comes, I believe. Anyways, a couple days ago my hips were hurting everytime I walked or layed down, and I couldn't sleep for the baby was wiggling so much that I was getting rather frustrated with it all. I jumped on facebook and found that a couple who was due 2 days after me had just lost their baby. Wow! I hadn't thought about that in a while. I know it happens, but it's rare and after the first trimester, usually we're in the clear. But that really hit home. So now instead of complaining when my wiggling baby is still wiggling at 1 am, I try to be thankful he/she is alive and has the ability. And when my belly is getting so big that my boys can't sit on my lap, I try to be thankful as that means the baby is growing as it should. It's so easy to lose perspective, but it seems there are ways of getting it back real quick too. Keep this family in your prayers, as this is a very difficult time for them. (I don't know them personally, but have 2 friends who do)