Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Isaac turns 3

Now, this little guy turned 3 last September, but I kept forgetting to write about him.  He is our little entertainer, and has us all wrapped around his little grubby finger!  Isaac loves anything red or with Mickey Mouse associated with it, and has a hard time deciding if he's a big boy or a little boy.  We've told him it's okay to be a big boy sometimes, and a little boy at others.  He loves to try to keep up with the older kids, but he just doesn't have the capabilities yet in some areas.  He did get his own scooter last fall, so has been busy on that whenever he can, as well as getting to be an expert on his bike too.  The training wheels are still on, but likely could come off any time now.
 He's been quite sad that he has to wait until September for his birthday, as all of the other kids have spring birthdays.  That waiting just takes for-ever!  He also loves it when I read to him, especially the Eloise Wilkin classic "Little Timmy" (I insert his name instead of Timmy and he smiles from cover to cover).  He loves building things (Legos, Tinkertoys) and playing with toy cars and building equipment.  Lately he's been loving all his farm implements and needs a bull from Wilco (the farm store) to go with his cows and calves.  I'm thinking a trip to Grandpa's farm may be on the wish list for this summer as well.
 He tells us plenty of stories every day, most of which we can barely understand due to his lack of consonants.  (He's starting speech therapy this week, so hopefully we won't miss out on so many of his thoughts because they are just so cute!)  He loves mushrooms and so he gladly eats all of his sibling's for them and they're quite happy to let him.

Isaac is also quite scared of dogs, but is working on getting braver.  On the weekend we were at some friends' house and there was an old dog there and he actually petted it.  Yay!  Hopefully the days of Jughead leaping into Archie's arms when he sees Big Ethel kind of fears are winding down. That's the picture I get in my head when he sees a dog!
One of the cute things he said (of many, most of which I can't remember) was when one of the older kids was getting a Fisherman's Friend cough drop.  He wanted one and I told him, "Oh, you wouldn't like them, they're nasty."   He replied in a crying whine, "But I love nasty!"  Needless to say, he got one to try and ate it down quite proudly.  
Lately, he's been on a necktie kick.  He even clips one on his pajamas at night to sleep with it on too.  As Greg was helping him one night, the tie broke and Isaac was heartbroken.  The next day Greg was running some errands and picked up a new shirt/tie for him and oh, did we have a happy boy.  He wore them for the next few days until I wouldn't let him anymore for they were so dirty.  He even slipped on some freshly mown grass in it, so I had some deep stain treating to do!  But, the stains came out and he was back to wearing his new shirt and tie again.  What a cutie!  I feel so blessed to be his mommy!