Yesterday, I received a bag of hand-me-downs, and this adorable little sweater was in it. A handmade sweater. Oh, my!
I was telling Greg how much I adore baby sweaters as they are just so cute. And if they're handmade, I melt even further, because of all the time put into them. Because time equals love. And if they are made by someone I know, especially for me and my baby, well, I'm a goner. I actually got tears in my eyes telling him this (as he was silently chuckling to himself that his wife actually would get that sentimental over a sweater!)
When Luke and our niece Anna were born, a dear old lady at our church named Elna knitted both babies each a sweater with pristine stitching. All of our boys have worn the yellow one made for Luke, and I ended up with Anna's pink one too, so Elise (and now Celeste will) wear the girl one when she's big enough. Elna passed away this past year, which makes me even more sentimental about the sweaters. Elna taught me to knit (very patiently), so that makes it all the more special. I doubt I'll ever have the patience to knit a sweater, but I sure appreciate those who do.
Here's Celeste wearing a little sweater suit that was mine as a baby. It's an interesting combo. Not handmade, but a sweater t-shirt with little sweater shorts to go with. I guess that was the fashion in the 70s, as I have 2 outfits saved that are the same sweater/short combos. Or maybe that's what Arctic babies wear in the summer time. Who knows?!

