I don't know why it's taken me until kid #4 to figure out that I don't have to dress my babies every day. I cringe at the amount of time I spent dressing and undressing my kids each day. Oh sure, I occasionally leave them in their pj's all day, but it was the exception rather than the rule. When Elise was a baby, an older lady at church said to me, "I don't know why people spend all that time and money putting clothes on their babies. Back in my day you just left them in a sleeper until it got dirty and then changed it." I took note and left Elise in a sleeper unless we were going out as a tiny baby, but was putting her in clothes each day by the time she was this big. But, with Isaac I've been leaving him in his fleece pj's (known as "blanket sleepers" to our parents) and it is so much easier on everything. Makes diaper changes easier (zip, change, zip) and they are roomier than pants for using cloth diapers (which we do at home), they are warm, their socks can't be taken off for cold days, the fleece repels water when they inadvertently splash/spill/dump water everywhere, they don't get chilly if their covers come off while sleeping. Just simply amazing! Here's the attempts at getting some pictures of my wiggly, busy rascal who is the recipient of this new protocol.
In our house we've always called these "fuzzy pj's" or "fuzzy's" but Elise has always called them "fuvvy's", so now that's what we all call them too!
In our house we've always called these "fuzzy pj's" or "fuzzy's" but Elise has always called them "fuvvy's", so now that's what we all call them too!