Well, our baby has now turned one (in September, but I'm late as usual writing about it). This means he is walking, starting to talk and getting into plain 'ol mischief from sun up until sun down! This little guy sure does make the messes and wreak havoc on our house, but he sure is cute too (which makes it much easier to forgive his misdeeds).
Isaac loves hats. As you can see by this picture, he even wears two at a time sometimes. He steals whom evers hat he can find and plunks them on his head. He loves climbing and has now figured out how to get up on chairs so this means he can also get on tables and counters too! (And falling off them of course!)
This was at his birthday party. We couldn't get a smile out of him for anything as it was evening and he was getting tired. I have to remember to have daytime parties for 1 year olds. (I remember Elise being in tears with a plug in her mouth throughout her party.) Grandpa and Grandma Staudinger made it for the party, which was nice, since they have never been to any of our kids birthdays before.
Here's hat boy again. He's also a shower crasher. No one in the house can take a bath or shower without him trying to climb in with them. If he's denied, the tears are pretty loud and long! Most of the time it's just easier to let him in the shower, even if it means he gets more than would ever be necessary. He also loves to be outside and cries if the other kids go outside without him. He loves wandering about, helping Dad and just following the other kids. Here he is in their car.
Here's one of Isaac in the new hat Kristie K. made for him. She makes new ones each year, and we received them when we got back from our trip to Florida recently. I think that they are just sooo cute! He wouldn't smile for the picture though!
Lastly, here's a picture of Isaac with his cousin. They were together in FL and were so cute in their little suits. They tried to play together, as well as boys that age can. Most of the time it was just one of them stealing toys from the other though!
It's a great milestone to turn 1 year old, but it also means more teeth (no fun), more adventure (more injuries), and more love (also more hitting people, in his attempt to play with them). The only words he says are "Da" and "Mam". The other night when I was rubbing his back before bed, I stopped to see if he was asleep. Just then I heard him say, "Ma'am, Ma'am" as if to say "excuse me, Ma'am, you're not done yet..I'm still awake!"