Greetings! As this year comes to a close, it gives us
time to reflect on the past. In doing
so, we hope that we have gained some wisdom and become more as Christ would
want us to be. Some lessons seem harder
to learn though, so it’s a good thing we’re all a “work in progress”. We are so thankful for forgiveness full and
free through Jesus’ birth, death and glorious resurrection!
We’ve been occupying our time this
past year mostly tending to the needs and wants of our 4 little ones (sometimes
hard to discern the difference). There just
isn’t much time left after that! With it
come a lot more laughs and a few more grey hairs.
So, here’s Luke (7), “I like this
time of year. We get to stay inside and
do fun things like projects and crafts.
I like to make cookies and cakes and bread and stuff like that. I like school, especially writing stories in
my journal and doing speed drills in math.” (Mom’s note: we rarely bake OR do
crafts. He does love it when we do
though!)
![]() |
| Luke was a ring bearer in Greg's cousin's wedding this summer. |
James (5), “We are having a good
time. We are just having a good
time. I like to play with my cars and
Legos. I am learning to read and do my
math with toy cars. I love Christmas
because it’s Jesus’ birthday and we get presents.”
![]() |
| James at the wedding (he didn't want to be in the wedding) |
Elise (3), “I don’t know what to
say. I am wearing my sparkly dress that
looks like a Christmas tree today. I
think that Santa should only bring presents to the poor children, because the
rest of the kid’s parents can buy them some.”
![]() |
| Elise, flower girl extraordinaire |
Isaac (14 months), “Da, da, do,
da!” (and “Dad” and “Mam”) He’s busy getting into everything possible
and destroying it (happily, I might add).
He screeches if anything doesn’t go his way, and is working on a
couple more teeth (hence the screeching).
It’s a good thing he’s so cute, as it is much easier forgive his lack of
social graces!
![]() |
| Isaac, glad finder of someone's forgotten cup |
Greg has been busy all fall working
on putting in a sauna for us. We are so looking forward to that. In this rainy climate, we must take extra
measures to stay warm and comfortable, and I’m sure this will help. I have just been sticking to the basic daily
stuff. It seems like the messes never
end, the dishes never stop and the kids don’t quit growing. Keeping up on it all is enough for me, as
well as getting in our daily doses of schoolwork, reading, going for a walk,
and playing. We also enjoyed one nice dose
of Canada in August, and a short dose of Florida (for Greg’s Grandpa
Davidson’s funeral) in October.
![]() |
| Add caption |
Wishing you God’s Peace and Love
now at Christmas and always,
Rachel and all




