These past few days I've been dialoging with an old co-worker via Facebook. He and I have never shared opinions, although I feel we have tried to respect each others. This time (I haven't talked to him in years, but he posted a video promoting euthanasia which I felt necessary to comment on), we disagreed again. I voiced my points and then he his. Then, he added in that "those religious fanatics who also don't want to give women a choice" are the ones stopping the whole legal euthanasia from progressing. I responded by adding that it's a woman's choice to sleep around or to remain pure, and that if she chooses purity, then she really never has to make the difficult choice whether or not to abort her baby (I would hope, if she's in a stable married relationship). With these type of discussions, you never know if your point is taken as intended.
Also, the discussions rarely get very far due to spiritual differences (Godly vs. humanistic just never agree). But, with this guy, I will pursue. Back when I met him, he was an avid atheist. By the time we parted ways (we worked together many hours at 2 different jobs- in the ER and at the pool) for a good 4 years, he did admit that there must be a God and also admitted that he wished that he had the peace that I had in my life. (He also knew 3 of my Christian cousins in town, although he didn't know we were related until my one cousin died and he saw us all at the funeral)
Anyhow, just as I was pondering how to get my point of the sanctity of life across to him, this video popped up on Facebook from 3 different friends. It was just the answer I had wanted. In yet better than I could have come up with. Although I doubt he'll even watch it, I did send it on to him and he can do as he pleases. I've prayed for him off and on through the years, knowing that he is searching diligently (in all the wrong places) for peace in his heart. If only he can know this peace that Jesus gives, which passes all understanding. Maybe in time...he will.
Also, the discussions rarely get very far due to spiritual differences (Godly vs. humanistic just never agree). But, with this guy, I will pursue. Back when I met him, he was an avid atheist. By the time we parted ways (we worked together many hours at 2 different jobs- in the ER and at the pool) for a good 4 years, he did admit that there must be a God and also admitted that he wished that he had the peace that I had in my life. (He also knew 3 of my Christian cousins in town, although he didn't know we were related until my one cousin died and he saw us all at the funeral)
Anyhow, just as I was pondering how to get my point of the sanctity of life across to him, this video popped up on Facebook from 3 different friends. It was just the answer I had wanted. In yet better than I could have come up with. Although I doubt he'll even watch it, I did send it on to him and he can do as he pleases. I've prayed for him off and on through the years, knowing that he is searching diligently (in all the wrong places) for peace in his heart. If only he can know this peace that Jesus gives, which passes all understanding. Maybe in time...he will.
http://vimeo.com/5387154