Friday, August 13, 2010

Kids, kids and kids

Well, through all the craziness in my head, one thing keeps me going each day. It's these beautiful children that God has entrusted to my care. They shower me with love, give me purpose each day and make me laugh (something not too many folks can do, sorry to say). Here's a few of the latest:

James: Mom, at that cowboy fight the other day, I heard some horses saying "ouch" not "neigh".
Luke: It wasn't a cowboy fight, it was a rodeo.
James: Yeah, at that yodeo...

Luke: I feel sick
Me: What kind of sick- your head, your tummy?
Luke: No, just the regular kind. Can I have some tea?
Me: What kind?
Luke: Well, it doesn't matter, as long as it's not DECAF!

Tonight Luke stepped off the curb where a car was coming (and he had forgotten to look). Greg reminded him what could happen if a car didn't see him and hit him (that he could get hit and fall to the ground). James piped up "and then you'd be DEAD". Akk! James quite regularly lays on the floor and says, "Hey look Mom, I'm dead!" in a very cheerful voice.