One of my areas of interest since becoming a mom, has been researching home remedies. Taking sick kids to the doctor is an extremely unpleasant experience, and if I can avoid it, I will. So, for every thing that comes up in this house, I research to see what I can do at home to solve the problem. So far, my first doctors visit for sick kids, was this spring. And I could have avoided even that, had I been a little more perceptive. Somehow my tiredness overrode my perception feelers.
Do you wonder what makes me the Queen? A few weeks ago I was feeding the kids some applesauce (the boys wanted some because baby was eating some), and Luke comments, "Wow Mom, applesauce sure is good without other stuff mixed in!" Ouch, that was embarrassingly true. Whenever they are coming down with something, I use applesauce as the medium to make the treatment more palatable.
But, it's saved me numerous trips to the doctor, and as the recent ear infection ran us $160 for less than a 5 minute visit, I think I'll stick to home remedies in the future. Not to mention the hassle of dragging 3 kids into the doctor, having them undress, get weighed and measured, poked and prodded. What fun for a sick kid is that? I know I'd hate it. I'd rather just take something at home and cuddle up with my Mom. And the fun I've had dealing with insurance companies is about enough to nauseate even the strongest of stomachs. Not fun!!
Do you wonder what makes me the Queen? A few weeks ago I was feeding the kids some applesauce (the boys wanted some because baby was eating some), and Luke comments, "Wow Mom, applesauce sure is good without other stuff mixed in!" Ouch, that was embarrassingly true. Whenever they are coming down with something, I use applesauce as the medium to make the treatment more palatable.
But, it's saved me numerous trips to the doctor, and as the recent ear infection ran us $160 for less than a 5 minute visit, I think I'll stick to home remedies in the future. Not to mention the hassle of dragging 3 kids into the doctor, having them undress, get weighed and measured, poked and prodded. What fun for a sick kid is that? I know I'd hate it. I'd rather just take something at home and cuddle up with my Mom. And the fun I've had dealing with insurance companies is about enough to nauseate even the strongest of stomachs. Not fun!!
Pass the garlic, please.