Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Gripe of the Day

Today is a new day. Doesn't feel very new due to another mostly sleepless night. It seems as if it isn't one thing, it's another. I would love to be refreshed and cheerful, but can't find it in me to do so. I did take my vitamins, so hopefully that'll help. Coffee is a catch-22. Makes me feel better in the morning, but then I'm out of luck, should the slim chance come that a nap would be available. Whether it is a teething baby, a windy stormy night or a sick boy, I'm up way too many times at night. I'd love to be more patient or need less sleep so that the day could be handled better, but just can't make it happen. Such is the life of a mother, apparently. By the time I start getting good sleep, I'm sure menopause or something will be on the horizon, and for some reason sleep will evade me once more. I've actually given up ever having a good nights sleep ever again. Then maybe I'll be surprised one day to actually find that I did have a restful night, without a million wakings.

I do have this dream of one day just going to bed though. No brushing kids teeth, settling a baby that takes 2 hours, giving snacks, etc, etc. Just go to bed...maybe read a bit of a novel while there, and then peacefully drift off. Not that it will ever happen, but one can dream, can't we?

So, there's my gripe for the day. Not too thrilling, but I needed to vent. I was told that I can't cry (by my boys, "Mom's don't cry, only kids do" I was told), so typing is maybe somewhat as therapeutic. I'll try to convince myself of it anyways....