Monday, January 19, 2009

One day at a time

Just a few days later, and glad to report that today is going well. Still haven't figured out the kid things, but at least I feel a bit more ready to tackle the challenges when they arise. This comes from 1) encouragement from God (through His Word and church) 2) encouragement from my husband 3) encouragement from friends who patiently listen and sympathize without letting me carry things out too far 4) a hot bath, a cup of tea, a chunk of dark chocolate, sunshine through the windows and those other little perks that lift you up so much when you need a lift. I have been getting some long put off projects done as well, which helps me feel like things are going forwards in some areas, even if not in others. I think the biggest fear I have right now, is that I'll end up with nursing/food/sleep issues with new baby like we went through with J, and I can't even think of that without shuddering. Luckily we don't know the future, and likely I'll be faced with a whole new set of challenges, but at this point have a hard time looking at all into the future and thinking of what life will be like with a new baby, as the thoughts themselves overwhelm me. The nightmares we've gone through with J are still too fresh in my mind (and far from solved as well). "One day at a time, sweet Jesus, that's all I'm asking of you, Give me the strength, to do every day, what I have to do," I try to sing to myself and it helps. That is all God asks, that we trust Him one day at a time.