This is one of those yummy snacks that is good for either a dessert or a post-exercise snack. Not that I exercise, but if I did... I got it from my neighbor Paula. Our boys just started their wrestling season, so I made some for them after practice. And of course, Mama needs some too.
Peanut Butter Fudge
2 c. Almond meal (or 2 c. Ground nuts/flour)
1 c. Flax seed meal
1/2 c. Xylitol or equivalent sweetener
3 scoops (Tbsp.) protein powder
1 T. Vanilla
3/4 c. Melted butter
1 c. Peanut butter
Mix all above together (in food processor or by hand) and pat into 8x8 pan. Chill in fridge. Cut into 1-2" squares and enjoy.
Topping
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
1/4 c. Xylitol
1/4 c. Melted butter
Mix all and pour over fudge. I also make a batch of Skinny Chocolate instead and pour it over the fudge as I usually don't have unsweetened chocolate on hand.
Skinny Chocolate
1/2 c. coconut oil
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
3 1/2 Tbsp Xylitol or Truvia, powdered fine (in coffee grinder)
Melt together, mix well and pour over fudge.
Somehow the almond flour I was supposed to buy the other day didn't get bought. It must have gotten left on the bulk bins at the store or fell out of the cart somewhere, so I made it with ground up cashews and hemp seeds and it turned out fine. So good!