This young lady has really turned into our little princess, despite our concerted attempts to keep her from being one! She loves all things frilly, sprarkly, ruffly and pink. She loves necklaces, bracelets, purses and sparkly shoes, of course. This is kind of hard for her, considering her brothers don't care for such things and think she's kind of ridiculous (although I think a couple of them might be slightly jealous that she can acquire such luxuries).
For her birthday she wanted a Hello Kitty's garden cake. I found some little Hello Kitty accessories at Target and thus the cake transpired. She mastered her new scooter right away, and has also learned to ride a 2 wheeled bike with only a couple lessons from Luke.
This fall she has been learning to read, and also loves to play the piano pretty much every day. I need to keep on the lessons for her (which I always forget to do, because somehow when you have 5 kids, piano lessons just never are top priority). She tries to plunk out her own songs, so I think with a couple lessons, she could actually do something with it. We also got a kids kitchen lately, so she's been busy playing restaurant with the boys. She loves drawing and coloring and is always eager to help pick things from the garden or the berry patch. Many times this summer we couldn't find her and she would be out in the blueberry patch just picking away. I also found a little glass tea set (just like the Holly Hobbie one I had as a child) for her, so her and Isaac like to have tea parties with oodles of water and spills.
She also just adores her Daddy. She's always cuddling with him and telling him stories. She dotes on little Celeste and is very aware of Celeste's needs and lets me know how baby is doing. It's so neat to see how different boys and girls are from each other. You can tell she's totally soaking up all the mothering information so that she'll have it for when she is a mom someday. So awesome, but makes me be more aware that I'm setting a good example for her!
We are so blessed to have our Elise Meredith in our family!