Who...what...why...how? Who, what, where, when, why, how?

In our house, Busytown Mysteries is a favorite show, when the kids get a chance to watch it. They love helping Huckle Cat, Sally Cat, Lowly Worm and the others solve different mysteries in Busytown. (as you recall the two middle kids had a Busytown cake for their birthday last year)
So, yesterday we encountered our own mystery while grocery shopping in WinCo. The case of the missing shopping list. (when we were only half done the trip, akk!) So, I set my sleuths to work. Huckle (Luke) had had the list last. Sally (James) got on the search, looking for clues. Hilda Hippo (Elise) called out orders. We were in the bulk section, when we discovered it missing. I asked the questions: "when did you have it last?" "do you remember setting it down?" "where did you set it down?" trying to get clues. The sleuths scoured the area and the half full cart trying to recall the details. Huckle remembered setting it down, and then later remembered that he had clipped it to the cart with the pen that it was attached to. But alas, no list. When we got to the question "where was the cart when you clipped it on?" he showed me where we had been. I recalled that there had been an elderly lady there while we were there and I had been helping her read the labels that she couldn't see. I realized that we had been there a while, and perhaps the list had mistakenly gotten attached to her cart instead.
We then had to find the lady (and remember what she looked like since there was plenty of them in the store that day). Thankfully she was right over at a different area of the bulk section and sure enough the list was sitting there clipped to the side of her cart. My Huckle was too shy to go over and explain what happened, so Mother Cat took care of it.
Mystery solved and the crew saved the day!!
**Side note: One day on an episode they used the word "brainwave" to describe something. Greg tells me, "that is a word I've only heard you use. Must be a Canadian show." And it is. I never knew that it was a word that was exclusive to us Canucks, but so it is! It means "bright idea", if you can't figure it out on your own.

In our house, Busytown Mysteries is a favorite show, when the kids get a chance to watch it. They love helping Huckle Cat, Sally Cat, Lowly Worm and the others solve different mysteries in Busytown. (as you recall the two middle kids had a Busytown cake for their birthday last year)
So, yesterday we encountered our own mystery while grocery shopping in WinCo. The case of the missing shopping list. (when we were only half done the trip, akk!) So, I set my sleuths to work. Huckle (Luke) had had the list last. Sally (James) got on the search, looking for clues. Hilda Hippo (Elise) called out orders. We were in the bulk section, when we discovered it missing. I asked the questions: "when did you have it last?" "do you remember setting it down?" "where did you set it down?" trying to get clues. The sleuths scoured the area and the half full cart trying to recall the details. Huckle remembered setting it down, and then later remembered that he had clipped it to the cart with the pen that it was attached to. But alas, no list. When we got to the question "where was the cart when you clipped it on?" he showed me where we had been. I recalled that there had been an elderly lady there while we were there and I had been helping her read the labels that she couldn't see. I realized that we had been there a while, and perhaps the list had mistakenly gotten attached to her cart instead.
We then had to find the lady (and remember what she looked like since there was plenty of them in the store that day). Thankfully she was right over at a different area of the bulk section and sure enough the list was sitting there clipped to the side of her cart. My Huckle was too shy to go over and explain what happened, so Mother Cat took care of it.
Mystery solved and the crew saved the day!!
**Side note: One day on an episode they used the word "brainwave" to describe something. Greg tells me, "that is a word I've only heard you use. Must be a Canadian show." And it is. I never knew that it was a word that was exclusive to us Canucks, but so it is! It means "bright idea", if you can't figure it out on your own.