Monday, June 6, 2011

Pesto Potato Salad

I have a hard time finding potato salads (as well as coleslaws for that matter) that I LOVE (not just tolerate/like). Here's my new favorite though. If you love pesto, I guarantee you'll love it too.

Pesto Potato Salad

3 1/2 lbs. red potatoes
1/2 c. sour cream
1/3 c. basil pesto
1/3 c. mayo
12 slices bacon (cooked crisp and crumbled)
1/2-3/4 c. red onion, chopped fine (depending on flavor you want)
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese (shaved preferable)
1/4 c. chives, chopped fine

Boil potatoes until firm-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water, drain well, chop coarsely. Combine sour cream, pesto and mayo in a large bowl. Add potatoes, bacon and onion. Toss. Top with Parmesan and chives. Chill overnight for best flavor.
~from Company's Coming "Salads to Go".

*I like to add a bit more pesto, bacon and Parmesan as I love those flavors.