Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Luke turns 6

Well, now our last birthday is done for the year. My big boy turned 6. He's definitely fitting the class of 6 year olds, who is losing teeth and tying his shoes by himself (although he'd much rather throw on his crocs to save time). We're hoping he'll learn to ride his bike this summer, but up until now he's been pretty timid (our steep gravel driveway doesn't help matters).


















I just love this boy so dearly too, and feel so blessed to be able to spend every single day with him. Luke is my thinker, who is ever helpful and thoughtful (and doesn't forget a thing, even if you should want him to!) He loves books, and has been learning to read all year. I've tried to teach him slowly, because I know he'll end up a bookworm, and want him to be creative on his own as long as I can prolong it. Lately he's been "reading" the Far Side comic books we have. I'm not sure what he find so interesting, since most of it is adult humor, but will admit that the pictures are pretty funny!



















He loves playing on the floor here at home, and lately it's been Cars as we recently watched the movie again. Thus he wanted a Tow Mater cake for his birthday, which I decorated while we were camping. He is getting more independent, and loves to be learning from Dad all the time (and pestering and bugging Dad too). I'm so proud of how he takes on his role as the oldest, and pray that he'll always stay as sweet as he is to his younger siblings. The little 2 find such security in his bravery in different situations.














I'll try to write more about our Luke another night, but tonight my pregnancy hormones are overwhelming me, and I just come to tears thinking about how much I love this boy and how I want him to grow up to be a man like his Dad, but how I also want him to always stay my little sweet boy. (sniff, sniff)