Sunday, May 8, 2011

Elise turns 2

Her "Cake Cake" ball she got (Strawberry Shortcake is her favorite these days)













It's about time for a birthday update. Our Elise has now turned two, and we are beginning to see the boy/girl difference. She loves necklaces and many types of shoes. She often 'does' her own hair, which is quite lovely, as you can see from the picture. My Mom loves to buy little shoes, and keeps her well supplied. She calls them her "Gaga shoes" (Grandma shoes) and her black ones are the favorites. She'd wear them all day everyday if she could!













She is talking quite a lot now, and parrots everything we say. The other night Greg said, "oh, boy" with a weary sigh, and she followed suit. Very cute! She loves to ride her tricycle (and of course always asks for her "hat" (helmet) too. She calls me "Bubby" and Greg is "Daddy", Luke has been "Wook", "Kook" and now this week is "Wukey", and James is "J" and she is "A-Wee". It's pretty neat to see her thoughts, since our boys never talked this early. Her favorite saying is "took 'way" which is whenever the boys have something she wants, and she claims they took it away (which, sometimes they do, but most often they don't). These past couple days she's been "shut a door" alot, whenever she can find a door that needs shutting. She has learned to get into the fridge and came to me the other morning (while I was still in bed) jostling a nearly full milk jug (lid already off) and a cup wanting me to pour her a drink.














This picture below is the only time I've ever thought she looks like I did when I was little. I'll have to find a picture of myself at that age to compare. She most often gets told she looks 'Somero'. One friend of ours saw her running through a wedding reception and said, "that little girl must be Clark Somero's granddaughter". People also say she looks like Grandma Somero, and Great Grandma Davidson too.

















Here's one of her and her "Be-A" (baby). She loves to push them around in her shopping cart and here is singing songs to one of them. She has finally figured out that pacifiers are for babies, and gladly gives them to her dollies and doesn't even want hers any more. (Yay!)













Here's at the ocean a few weeks ago. Greg was fishing, so the kids and I played in the sand. It was a gorgeous beach, which I'd love to go back to (and quite uninhabited too, which made it more enjoyable)













And that's all for now!!