Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Personality traits and other babble


I don't really have to much exciting going on here tonight, but am more enjoying a quiet house for a few minutes before bed. It's been rather warm out, hot as some would say, but I've not minded in the least. We do have a window air conditioner to keep from getting too sweaty, but the house is warm no matter which way you look at it. The only time I get too warm is holding baby E, as her body heat seems to multiply mine.

She has reached the 3 month mark, the magical date in which everything is supposed to get better, namely feeding and sleeping. Well, I have to say that feeding slowly getting better, but still not A-1. She is getting chubby, and is happy for the most part, so that is the main thing. Sleeping at night is awesome. Just awesome, compared with the boys. It's the day time that's difficult, since she doesn't care to nap. So, I try to keep her up later, and should be waking her up earlier (who can wake a peacefully sleeping baby, when there's stuff to be done? Just can't do it) so that she'll nap better. I spend many hours a day putting her down for nap, and then she sleeps 15, maybe 20 minutes and she's up again. It wouldn't be a problem, except that she's crabby when she's up. What to do...I'm sure it will get better.

Due to this lack of nap thing, or maybe it's just her personality, she has very "fragile nerves". It seems that if she gets scared (loud voice, unexpected brother jumping, door slamming, etc) she'll scream for a good 10 minutes. She screamed so much the other day that she was dripping sweat down her face and there was nothing Greg or I could do to calm her down. I'm hoping this isn't a lifetime thing, but I do wonder when you notice specific personality traits and girl/boy differences. Each child is different, and when you look back you can see how each one was from a little baby, so I'm curious if this is one of those things we should note. If it is, I do wonder which side of the family to blame for it. Ha, ha!