Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Life as a Parent
I just thought I'd write a few lines on how ironic it is, that every time I schedule something, someone gets sick and I have to cancel. How does sickness know you have plans? I recall missing a choir concert recently, last years Christmas program, having company last week for our yearly Christmas girls function. Somehow, either I end up ill (like this time, so I couldn't even blame anyone) or one of the kids just happens to show up with illness at the last minute. It likely is also because we try to keep busy in the winter, so schedule lots of stuff, and then eat junk and end up with low immunity because of all the sugar and lack of sleep...but it still seems unfair. Oh well... I do wonder if I should ever make plans for my life again. Maybe I should just never have company and never make any commitments, to remove that disappointment that comes when we have to cancel....but then again, that'd be pretty boring too. Even moreso than the anticipation of looking forward to fun things and then having to stay home and staring at the walls. Spring will come again someday...and hopefully with it health and a healthy new baby to look forward to.