I don't know about you, but I happen to think that 2 year olds are just the cutest ever. They are just learning to talk and communicate effectively, and I just love their curiosity and observations on the world around them. This little guy is no exception. He has us chuckling all day long. Terrible twos, what are those?
For some reason, he's taken to Mickey Mouse. We got a book from a thrift store with him in it, and ever since then, Isaac has been in love. He calls him Mi-Mow. We then found out that Isaac also did not own a piggy bank to store his hard earned money in, so I suggested that we start looking for one for him. He put two and two together and thought a Mickey Mouse piggy bank would be the perfect solution to his problems.
Due to pregnancy, snowstorms and new babies, our shopping time has been nil. Every time someone would mention going to town, Isaac would remind them to "buy Mi-Mow-pi-ba" (buy Mickey Mouse piggy bank). Or that he'd be fine with getting one for his birthday too (in September). Many times each day he'd remind us about his needs in his cute and loving way.
We had looked online for banks, but hadn't found one that met the need. Greg's Mom talked about how her kids used to have them and how neat it'd be if we could find one like that. This went on for a few weeks. Then, the other night, Greg says to me, "Where is that Mickey Mouse piggy bank from when I was a kid?" I really had never seen the thing, but told him that if we did own such a item, it would be in his keepsake box in storage. He pulled it out and low and behold...the much talked about Mickey Mouse piggy bank from his childhood. Isaac was ecstatic! He couldn't quit showing us, all the while telling us who and what it was. Just too cute! He's been a happy boy since, playing with it each day, and putting any money in it whenever he can!