I love all my kids dearly, but for different reasons. Today I'm going to write about James, and one of the traits that I love about him. Pretty much every day, he gets quite excited about every meal. He is my least picky kid, whose favorite food often is avocados. Sometimes hot dogs though too.
A common occurrence happened the other day, which I'll relate and you'll realize why every cook needs one of these boys around. The conversation went something like this:
Me: Supper-time! (the kids obediently come running, haha)
James: Mmm, I love supper.
Me: You don't even know what we're having.
James: I know, but I just know it'll be good!
Me: Well, I hope you're not disappointed.
After he starts eating, in a very sing-song voice, "Mm-mm, I was right, it is good!"
Often he'll say, "this is the best ____ in the whole world" or "this is the best supper I have ever eaten" or the other day for lunch "mmm, I love egg salad, it's my favorite" and then the next day, "mmm, I love tuna, it's my favorite". This kid just loves whatever food you make him!
Today though, my hopes were kind of dashed (after I was all puffed up from all his compliments) and he says to me (while eating yogurt, thankfully)
James (4): "Mom, do you know who makes the best spaghetti in the world (no 'r' pronounced)?
Me: "Umm, me?" (hoping)
James: "No, Kristie does!"! I guess pride goeth before a fall, hey?