I will not say that my kids are the 'cutest', as all kids are cute in some way or another. I love them most of all because God gave each one to me (us) as a precious gift to cherish. Some days I cherish them more than others (depending on how many antics they come up!), but one thing they always do is to make me laugh. Here's the latest:
Luke on the way to the zoo to James "if you see a dinosaur that looks real, but isn't, it's called a 'fake'."
James to Elise when she was using his toothbrush "Give that back to me. Do you want to get big boy germs on you?"
Luke, after a rather rambunctious friend was over and they had been wrestling all day (he was showing me his injuries). I told him to get used to the idea, because most boys just like to wrestle. He said, "kind of like girls just like to boss?" Yep! Pretty much!
Luke after rescuing his Doodle Pad off the deck at bedtime before I locked the door. James asked him why he was bringing it in. Luke said, "well, you don't want it to get stolen, do you?" (I'm sure that would be the first thing a thief would be after. Not his bike or our cars, but a Doodle Pad!)
The boys were discussing when we could get a pet (so we could actually go down the pet food aisle). I told Luke maybe when he turns 6 we could get him one. James said, "I could get one when I turn zero." I asked him when he'll be O. He said, "well, at about 9 o'clock." Have no idea what he meant by that.
James (3) "I want to build a big bonfire up to the sky. But then Jesus would say, "hey, why is there smoke in my house?" "
The other day when we went to the Habitat for Humanity Re-store and when we went up to the antique section (which is mostly broken tables, dressers and such) and as we walked up the stairs he exclaimed, "Wow, this place is bee-yoo-tiful". I do think he actually meant "gigantic" or "humongous" but it was cute, none-the-less.
Me: James, you're always so happy, is there anything that makes you sad?
James: Just when I have to go to jail!
Me: When have you been to jail?
James: Well, never...
Luke on the way to the zoo to James "if you see a dinosaur that looks real, but isn't, it's called a 'fake'."
James to Elise when she was using his toothbrush "Give that back to me. Do you want to get big boy germs on you?"
Luke, after a rather rambunctious friend was over and they had been wrestling all day (he was showing me his injuries). I told him to get used to the idea, because most boys just like to wrestle. He said, "kind of like girls just like to boss?" Yep! Pretty much!
Luke after rescuing his Doodle Pad off the deck at bedtime before I locked the door. James asked him why he was bringing it in. Luke said, "well, you don't want it to get stolen, do you?" (I'm sure that would be the first thing a thief would be after. Not his bike or our cars, but a Doodle Pad!)
The boys were discussing when we could get a pet (so we could actually go down the pet food aisle). I told Luke maybe when he turns 6 we could get him one. James said, "I could get one when I turn zero." I asked him when he'll be O. He said, "well, at about 9 o'clock." Have no idea what he meant by that.
James (3) "I want to build a big bonfire up to the sky. But then Jesus would say, "hey, why is there smoke in my house?" "
The other day when we went to the Habitat for Humanity Re-store and when we went up to the antique section (which is mostly broken tables, dressers and such) and as we walked up the stairs he exclaimed, "Wow, this place is bee-yoo-tiful". I do think he actually meant "gigantic" or "humongous" but it was cute, none-the-less.
Me: James, you're always so happy, is there anything that makes you sad?
James: Just when I have to go to jail!
Me: When have you been to jail?
James: Well, never...